Singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Jonathan Linaberry is The Bones of J.R. Jones.
Linaberry, who is known for his unique blend of garage-influenced soul, blues, roots, and Americana, is currently preparing to release a brand new album titled Ones To Keep Close, his third in studio. Expected to drop on May 11, it follows his critically acclaimed sophomore album Spirit's Furnace.
Earlier this month, Linaberry released "Burden," the folky lead single off of Ones To Keep Close that highlights the emotional isolation of touring as a solo act. "This song is something special to me, as it's the first true duet I've written," Linaberry says. "It came out of a place where people search for someone to share the weight of the world."
Sparkling, soulful, and brilliantly melodic, the track features the vocal talents of soul-psych singer Nicole Atkins. Listen to "Burden" below.
The Bones of J.R. Jones is currently on tour through the U.S. Check out the remaining dates below.
- 4/5: Indiana, PA @ Disobedient Spirits LLC
- 4/6: Cleveland, OH @ The Beachland Ballroom and Tavern
- 4/8: Chicago, IL @ Schubas
- 4/10: Davenport, IA @ Daytrotter
- 4/12: Newport, KY @ Southgate House Revival Lounge
- 5/10: New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge
- 5/11: Los Angeles, CA @ Bootleg Bar
- 5/12: San Francisco, CA @ Hotel Utah
- 5/13: San Francisco, CA @ Hotel Utah
For all of The Bones of J.R. Jones' latest news and updates, follow him on social media: